Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Day My Muse, It Died.


I've been living in KS for over a year, during which time I've seen and experienced very little of anything I actually wanted to see while out here.
We never made the time together, and my solo adventures were less than achievable.

Now its the final days prior to my departure, for what I assume will be forever, (don't foresee us taking a holiday to the plain states), and I'm making a last, desperate leap at the things that are at least closest to me.

I had planned to finally stop in Wamego, a town so charming I wish I'd taken the whole day to kick around, home of the Oz Museum of all things Wizard Of Oz.



I couldn't have known that, within moments of entering the actual Museum, my Nikon D60, my pet, my right arm, my third eye, would quit on me.

This is the fix I was unable to accomplish for myself, due to two little screws that just wouldn't budge.
So close, but so far. I was so sure I could save her, but not a the risk of not being able to reassemble her.



I was limited to only my Droid Incredible's camera, that, after 2yrs of satisfaction and impeccable coverage, takes all but 4 pictures before crashing or freezing, both of which require restarting the phone each time.
Here's the least I could get ya:
















"All Good Wishes, Judy Garland"






Need one!

If my camera hadn't died,
I would have set it up to photograph me
up in here.

2 comments:

  1. The video was amazing. Probably your best yet. My fav part was what looked like you were grinding the railroad tracks! Great work my love. Your Nikon may have failed you this time, but that will never falter your will to share your creativity with the world.

    Your Love,
    Edward

    ReplyDelete