Thursday, March 21, 2013

So Here I Am

I've spent a lot of time away from this blog.
Mostly, mulling over whether to delete it entirely, start over completely, or carry on as if nothing happened, all with the intent of revamping. Something has to improve for me to even feel this thing is worth while. Consistency- I've always struggled with that.

A meager, sweet little Christmas flew by. The
new year rang in and we finally popped that bubbly dad gave us during our first move. The dogs have a new vet, all caught up on shots, and enjoying their new location, rich with outdoorsy things to do. We're both settled in to our jobs, and progressing. We've claimed the local pub as our regular haunt, though we are by no means bar flies, and it's a bit pricey, so we catch the occasional CAPS game after payday. What a weird Hockey season we're having.

I pretty much hibernated this winter, and it really shows around Stan's waist. I was doing really well there with the couch25k ap (for iPhone and HTC), which helped me to not notice the cold so much. I ended up having to start over twice due to some health interruptions. My work rotation is easy, but difficult to plan around, and as I have joined my local rescue squad (getting back in the saddle finally) I am having a difficult time planning out a routine. I don't know where to consistently fit in *sleep*, an exercise regimen, squad time, and **free time**. That's where the jogging routine falls by the wayside, especially on days where I'm going for a hike or paddle anyways. And then there's classes coming up, and daily houseness. Non of these things are an inconvenience, it's just that there aren't enough hours in a day. Like I said, it's mostly to do with my current work rotation.

Alas, the weather is breaking, and the pups and I have already been on a few short hikes. Of course my allergies are attacking me at every outing, but I'm taking the Zyrtec and daily dose of local honey to combat them. I don't plan to sit still much this Summer. Now if it would just stop snowing this Spring, I have an endless list of playthings to accomplish before the next Winter get here. My body is instantly acclimated to the earlier sunrise and longer days.

So I'll be changing the basis of this blog from that of a failed journal, to more of a visual log. I'm going to work at documenting my adventures smartly and more diligently, and improve on the video compilation. Really, in the end, it needs to be something I want to look back on, and still find visually interesting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment