Tuesday, September 11, 2012

09/10

It's my birthday.
I'm 25.

It should have been a bigger deal, but we've spent our year dealing with much bigger.
The fact is, 25 is the cap for birthday mania. I in no way endorse the full-on stoppage of birthdays, it just I feels like I've surpassed the socially acceptable ages of wish lists and asking for things. *Things...stuff...wants.
Your birthday should be a time, in fact the only time you can want and ask for yourself. I am typically the type to spend what little I have to get that little something that I know So-n-so has wanted or needed. Sure I've wanted this t-shirt forever, but So-n-so loves this band, and their album is on clearance.
I'm super aware of all that I receive, so when it comes my chance to gain, I'd rather give. Y'know?
Anyways, we've already received so much, having started a life together three times over, living check to check, and getting so much help from all over. This was not the year to take a me-day.
I did tell my mom I desperately need clothing, and I mean the bare essentials too.We are going shopping soon.

It wasn't wasted though. My girl Katie and her husband drove hours to have lunch with me in the '50s style diner we grew up visiting. I loved it, and ate so much, which made me glad, since I've been struggling with zero-appetite for weeks now. They're so good to me, can't wait to be able to see each other more often. Some days I miss being able to ask if Katie can come over and keep me company while I do chores. Something about Katie really make chores go by much faster.

Today, I took the opportunity to see my friend Marizabeth and help her with some mock-up headshots for a potential client. I also took the opportunity to take a creative, open set of eyes with me to my grandmother's property, where I plan to get married. There is a barn there that has some of my best childhood memories haunting it, and whose inside I hope to be able to utilize. Let's just say, she definitely saw the same things I saw, and leave it at that.


I also snagged my own souvenirs, including a plate I dug out of the same dust it'd probably been laying in since my cousin Grace and I played house with it. Now we live in real houses, have to fix real food when we don't want to. Something about making dust and weed platters still sounds fun.
Y'know we used to ask our Maw Maw for a spoon we could use to dig holes with. That was fun! Those were the good old days.

               Also, this cat gave me hugs.

I made it home long enough to play with my pups and take a few self birthday pics, which is as lame as it sounds.
I'm glad I had this day. I'm glad I woke up this morning, that my pups were well, my friends were well, my family were well. I'm also glad for tomorrow. Everyday is my birthday when I come home to the best friends ever.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I had a blast with you today! Sorry I couldn't make it to the diner. Next time, I will not drink all the pumpkin flavored ciders & beers.

    ReplyDelete